Have a say and make an impact! We are committed to improving our services, and we encourage our residents to get involved and help us achieve this.
We provide a range of ways for you to get involved, at a level that suits you and the time you have spare. You will never be left out of pocket for your involvement as we will reimburse transport costs where necessary.
Below you can find information on all of the groups that we currently have running.
Orwell Residents Group
Orwell Residents Group are a performance review group, scrutinising service areas, and acting as a critical friend to influence the future of housing services.
The purpose of the Orwell Residents Group are as follows:
- To identify service areas to review through monitoring Orwell’s key performance indicators, satisfaction surveys, and through meetings with staff.
- To develop an annual work plan to include three or more service reviews.
- Consulting with and surveying the wider customer group where appropriate and to consider the responses and findings.
- To produce comprehensive reports and action plans outlining the process of service reviews and evidencing recommendations for improvements.
- To monitor the progress, outcomes, and impact of the service reviews recommendations.
- To provide feedback on customer related policies, strategies, or proposed service changes, questioning, and challenging where appropriate.
- To present service review reports to Board and monitor progress and outcomes of approved recommendations.
You can also find downloadable documents below about the Orwell Residents Group and to find out what has been discussed in the last few meetings.
Homes group will help us better understand and meet our customers’ needs with regards to property repair, maintenance, development and building safety.
The purpose of the Home Group are as follows:
- To receive and review performance information on repairs, void and programme works, building safety and development.
- To gain insight from shadowing staff involved in activities relating to the above business areas and give feedback on findings.
- To carry out any specific activities as guided to support Orwell Residents Group service reviews.
We have also included a downloadable PDF on the purpose of the Home Group below:
Complaint handling Group
Complaint handling assessment team will work with customer services to help us monitor our complaints processes and outcomes. Members of this group can be supported to form a complaint hearing panel.
An opportunity to have your say via regular online surveys. Your feedback will support us in achieving greater insight into what really matters to our customers and communities and will aid the scrutiny work of other involved residents.
We have also included a downloadable participation sheet on the Think Tank below:
Are our letters, policies and online communications easy to understand? This is a private, online activity, not a group. We are looking for honest feedback about what we write. We particularly welcome input from people with a truly wide range of communication needs.
We have also included a downloadable PDF on the purpose of the Reading Room below:
Occasionally we will ask you to put us to the test. This might be anything from checking our online services are working well to checking that we are meeting our published service standards.