Key Board Member responsibilities and attributes:
- Understanding Orwell’s mission, values, policies, and aims.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Bringing a resident voice; to engage, influence and connect with stakeholders at all levels.
- Preparing for meetings by reviewing the agenda and supporting documentation.
- Regularly attending board meetings and participating actively.
- Maintaining confidentiality on all internal organisational affairs.
- Strong commitment to equality and diversity.
Full details can be found in the Resident Board Member Recruitment Pack on this page. If you require a printed copy of this, or large print, please contact Claire Monk here or on: 07483 328262
Term of appointment and remuneration
The term of office is three years, renewable subject to a satisfactory appraisal.
Board Members are restricted to a maximum of six years’ service. Although by exception a term may be extended up to an absolute limit of nine years.
All Board members are paid £4358 (plus reasonable expenses) per year, and are expected to commit around one to two days per month the role. Meetings are usually held off site in the Ipswich area. Occasional national travel to attend conferences etc. will be necessary.
Interested? Then we’d be keen to find out a bit more about you. Click on this link and a short questionnaire will open enabling you to register your interest. Don’t worry about providing huge amounts of information – focus on what interests you in the role, and how your personal experiences could potentially guide the Board to better understand how their decisions impact on our residents.
Questions & Feedback
If you have any questions about the role or application process please contact:
Closing Date – 10th January 2021
You can expect to be contacted by 22nd January 2021