Search the Orwell Housing website
Mulberry House is a Supported Housing Scheme that offers temporary accommodation in conjunction with a Support and Risk Management Package to people who have been entrenched homeless. The aim of the Service is to provide clients with a safe and supportive environment where individuals are enabled to work towards a more settled independent way of living and planned resettlement within the community. In order to achieve this Mulberry House works in partnership with a wide range of other services and agencies to offer a holistic approach. Mulberry House has 6 self contained flats in total. Members of staff are either onsite or on call 24 hours a day to support individuals to make positive lifestyle changes and gain greater independence. Clients have medium to high support needs.
Allocation is on the basis of those in the position of greatest need and those most likely to benefit from the services offered.
The minimum requirements for acceptance on the waiting list are:
- Be aged over 16
- Have an identified support need and be prepared to accept support
- Have an identified housing need
- Be assessed as not presenting an unmanageable level of risk or threat to staff, other Mulberry House Clients or the project.
In accordance with the Orwell Equality and Diversity Policy, Mulberry House is committed to developing an organisation which values people from all sections of the community
- Self-contained apartments
- Communal lounge
- Laundry facilities including washing machine and tumble dryer
- Communal gardens