Orwell Housing is supporting young people into work with Kickstart
If you’re 16-24 and looking for work, you could benefit from one of the paid job placements we’re offering as part of the government’s Kickstart scheme.
We have 46 six-month roles covering a variety of Orwell’s work areas.
So, there’s something perfect for you – whether you’re interested in helping people in the community or getting experience in business and administration roles. Join our teams across the business working to provide better services for local people. Roles include:
- 1x assistant specialist cleaner (Estate Services)
- 27x wellbeing advocates (Care & Support)
- 2x media assistants (Care & Support)
- 11 meet and greet receptionists (Care & Support)
- 2x admin assistants (Care & Support)
- 3x property administrators (project administrator, compliance administrator, repairs administrator – Property & Construction)
Boost your future employability
As well as gaining valuable work experience, you’ll receive training, support and expert advice to boost your skills and enhance your future employability.
Throughout your placement you will be supported in your role and in gaining the skills to develop.
You’ll be able to develop vital work skills that can be used in any future career, such as teamwork, planning, time management and remote working. And you’ll get to build your confidence while developing your motivation, resilience and wellbeing.
And as the placement progresses, we’ll help you:
- develop your CV
- learn job searching techniques
- practice interview techniques
- explore further education or other work placements
- apply for jobs or apprenticeships.
How to apply
You can apply for Kickstart jobs if you’re 16-24, live in England or Wales and claim universal credit.
You have to apply through Jobcentre Plus, so talk to your Jobcentre Plus work coach to find job placements near you.