Energy Bill Discount Scheme
- Households to start receiving £400 off their energy bills from October, with the discount made in 6 instalments to help families throughout the winter period.
- Government confirms important details of the Energy Bills Support Scheme, which will provide energy bill discounts to 29 million households across Great Britain.
- New online one stop shop setting out ways homeowners can help to heat their properties as part of wider Help for Households campaign.
- To find out more visit the Gov.uk website here.
- Barclays Money Mentor https://www.barclays.co.uk/money-mentors/ is a free service available even if you do not bank with Barclays. Individuals can arrange an appointment to discuss money related questions and get practical tips or personalised support to feel in control of their finances.
- Money management site https://www.barclays.co.uk/money-management/managing-money-problems provides simple advice on how to cope with financial pressure.
Creating a budget
If you would like to get in control of your money and monthly outgoings, try creating a budget plan. The aim of this tool is to make it easier to plan ahead and avoid overspending.
Are you entitled to benefits you didn't know about?
There are more than 7 million households in the UK that are missing out on benefits they were unaware of. We have linked a great tool produced by Gov.uk.
If you have children under the age of 16, you may be entitled to particular benefits. You may also be entitled to up to £2,000 a year towards childcare costs.
If you are of working age and on a low income or out of work, you may be eligible for Universal Credit to help cover your living costs.
If you are over state pension age and on a low income you may be entitled to Pension Credit. This can also help with housing costs such as ground rent or service charges.
Help with health costs with the NHS
To check if you are eligible for help from the NHS regarding health costs, follow the website link here take their quick eligibility checker.