We've launched our app!

Our free Orwell Housing app provides you with instant access to your account so you can manage your tenancy and services from your phone, anytime.

Test & Trace isolation payment scheme available until 30th June

Posted by: | 14th April 2021
Self Isolation Banner

Anglia Revenues Partnership - Test and Trace Isolation Payment Scheme information

If you have been asked to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace and will lose income as a result, you may be eligible for a £500 Test and Trace payment.

The Test and Trace Support Payment is to support people on low incomes who are unable to work from home if they are told to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace. The scheme started from 28th September 2020 and will last till 30th June 2021.

Eligibility for a £500 Test and Trace Support Payment is restricted to people who:

  • Have been told to stay home and self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace, either because they have tested positive for coronavirus or have recently been in close contact with someone who has tested positive; and
  • Are employed or self-employed; and
  • Are unable to work from home and will lose income as a result; and
  • Applicant or partner is currently receiving Universal Credit, Working Tax Credit, Income-based Employment and Support Allowance, Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance, Income Support, Housing Benefit and/or Pension Credit; and
  • Have a national Insurance number; and
  • Have responded to their notification from NHS Test and Trace.

Please be aware that the notification to self-isolate must be on or after 28th September 2020.


Self-Isolation Payment Scheme for parents and guardians who are caring for a child or young person who is self-isolating

From 8th March 2021 the Self Isolation Payment scheme is being extended to parents and guardians who are not legally required to self-isolate, but who need to take time off work to look after a child or young person who is self-isolating.

Payments will be for £500 from the main discretionary scheme.

To be eligible:

  • The adult claiming must be the parent or guardian of a child or young person in the same household and need to take time off work to care for them while they self-isolate. This is limited to one parent or guardian per household for the child or young-person's self isolation period.
  • They are employed or self employed.
  • They cannot work from home while undertaking caring responsibilities and will lose income as a result.
  • They meet all the other means-tested eligibility criteria for a Test and Trace Support Payment or locally determined criteria for a discretionary payment.
  • Their child or young person
    • is aged 15 or under (or 25 or under with an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHC)) and normally attends an education or childcare setting.
    • Has been told to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace  or by their education or childcare setting because they have been identified as a close contact of someone who has tested positive for COVID-19.

The child or young person must have been told to self-isolate on or after 8th March 2021. Applications can be backdated to this point.

Limited to one claim per household for the child/young persons isolation period.

People in the same household who are applying because they need to self-isolate can make a separate application under the existing scheme.

Claims must be made within 42 days of the first day the child/young person was told to self-isolate.

Parents/guardians can claim more than once, provided their child/young person's self-isolation periods do not overlap. This applies whether same child or two different children.


Further information and to fill out the application form:

Application forms can be found on individual LA websites and are not available on the ARP website.

Google translate Google translate
click to choose
Colour contrast Contrast
Font size Text size