Property exchange

Do you feel like you need a change? Or do you want to live closer to family? It may be worth registering for a property exchange. Discover what is available below.

Exchange (1)

Most Orwell residents have the right to swap their home, and the tenancy that goes with it, with that of another Council or Housing Association household. i.e. two or more households swap with each other. This is called ‘mutual exchange’.

This is often the quickest and easiest way to achieve a move to somewhere more suitable for you.

Orwell tenancies are not all the same. Strict rules apply to mutual exchange, and may apply differently to certain tenancies or types of housing. For example, residents of supported, sheltered or extra care housing.

If you would like to register for our home exchange then please use our registration form below and leave your details. You can also view the available properties below and if you find something you like, fill in the attached form. Good luck!

Exchange Pic 1

Orwell's Home Exchange

If you are looking to exchange your property, here is where you can search through other properties available to possibly exchange with. Just fill in the contact form.

Google translate Google translate
click to choose
Colour contrast Contrast
Font size Text size