Fridges and old furniture dumped by the roadside, bin bags piled up in alleyways, rubbish from a house or shed clearances thrown into the undergrowth – fly-tipping is, unfortunately, becoming a common sight across the country.
Fly-tipping is the illegal dumping of rubbish. It is punishable by a maximum sentence of 5 years imprisonment and the possibility of an unlimited fine on conviction.
- Can seriously pollute watercourses and contaminate land.
- Can endanger human health, wildlife and livestock.
- Is unsightly, spoiling our communities and the quality of life for residents.
- Encourages others to dump more waste.
- Costs YOU and YOUR community to remove.
If there is fly tipping on your estate, please call us and report it at: 0345 60 100 30 Or Online: https://www.orwell-housing.co.uk/i-am-a-resident/your-tenancy/anti-social-behaviour/asb-reporting-form/